Full disclosure: I normally start listening to holiday music by late October or early November. I just feel like I can’t get my “fix in” in just one month before Christmas. For today’s 5 for Friday, I want to highlight my five favorite holiday songs (and no, they aren’t five versions of All I Want For Christmas Is You).
1. Christmas is Coming – Vince Guaraldi Trio, A Charlie Brown Christmas. This song is an absolute classic… every thing about it screams “Christmas” to me.
2. Welcome Christmas – How the Grinch Stole Christmas. The Whos singing this song always gives me a smile. I enjoy the up beat and joyous tones of this song… it is always a classic!
3. All I Want for Christmas is You – Mariah Carey. I don’t know many gals who can’t resist this song! Even though this song is only from 1994, I feel like it is a Christmas classic… although I know many people who will disagree.
4. Cold December Night – Michael Buble’s Christmas. This is a new tune, but I’ve fallen in love with it. I think it’s great when there’s new Christmas music added to the genre… although some are pretty terrible, I think this song is great.
5. It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year – The Andy Williams Christmas Album. Another classic holiday song that never gets old. This song evokes shopping, Christmas trees, busy streets… all the wonderful imagery of the holidays.
Now that I’ve listed mine, what are your favorite Christmas or Holiday songs?